Swami Debananda Ashram, Paba (Hooghly)
This branch of Swami Debananda Ashram is situated at Paba, P.S-Goghat, Hooghly, West Bengal. The village is almost 70 Km from Bardhaman town, and is well connected by bus via Arambagh. Established in 1989, it is the first branch of Swami Debananda Ashram. Headed by a saffron-clad monk, the ashram is the medium of spiritual development for all the devotees who live in the nearby villages. Regular spiritual programmes of the ashram include puja, prayer, meditation, naamgaan, and atmacharcha or self-analytical discussion. From time to time His Holiness, Swami Debananda Maharaj, visits this ashram and gives darshan to the devotees
Vill+P.O- Paba, P.S-Goghat, Hooghly, West Bengal, India. Pin- 712614
Check out the map for better communication
Events/Activities Celebrated in This Ashram
The annual festival of this ashram is held on the occasion of Maghi Purnima in the divine presence of His Holiness. Hundreds of people assemble during this festival and enjoy the cultural programmes, and listen to the discourse of Gurudev. Every year Durga Puja is held at this village, which is a huge source of joy for the people of Paba and the neighbouring villages. People don colourful clothes and thoroughly enjoy themselves for the four days of Durga Puja.
Swami Debananda Mission runs several projects at this centre:
- A School, Swami Debananda Vidyamandir, is run at this ashram by the Mission.
- The Mission runs a computer centre attached to the school.
- There is a boys’ hostel for students who come from far-off places.
- The Mission runs a Charitable Dispensary at this ashram.
- The Mission also organises Blood Donation camps, Eye Screening and Operation Camps and other Health Care Camps all round the year at this ashram.
Swami Debananda Ashram, Paba (Hooghly) – Photo Gallery
Swami Debananda Ashram, Paba (Hooghly) – Video Gallery